Monday, January 25, 2010

How bout' them Saints!!!

So my prediction was correct....the Colts and Saints are going to the Super Bowl!!!!! I just wanted to express my happiness and jealousy to all of you in the States (excluding Owen) because you never really know how important and awsome NFL commentators and half time shows and commercials are until you are subject to watch what I had to watch for 5 hours last night. I cannot even express how AWFUL Brit NFL Commentators are...let me put it to you this way, At one point in the Saints game they were using Ping Pong as a metaphor to explain football. WHAT?! Oh and lets not mention the CREEEPY as all get out commercials that have over here. I can even get into that one. But anyways..i just want some Troy Aikman and Tiki Barber. Thats all. Oh and I would like to be able to watch the games at a decent hour..not 2 am in the morning!! Thanks.

Well, now that I have share my wonderful Brit NFL experience...I cannot wait for the Super Bowl!!!

Love you all!

11 comments:

  1. ali..you are awesome but really?.. "creepy as all get out..."??? when did you start talking like that?!
    I'm glad you're making tons of friends..that's not hard for you though especially when they have cool accents.
    the commercials there are strange though..brits have such a dry sense of humor.
    Have you grown tired of the cigarette smoke everywhere?..

    miss you.
    ps...have you found your rich soccer player yet??...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali...the Saints played well and had a good game but they don't deserve to go to the super bowl. My team, the Cowboys, are the true super bowl team. New Orleans will surely lose to Peyton and his domminating offense. Have fun in England and give me a call when you get back.

    Love,
    Tony

    P.S. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHO DAT?!?!

    P.S. Who is this Tony Romo joker up here? I've never even heard of this guy! HAHA!

    Wish you could be here for the superbowl and Lauren and I's Birthdays! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi, I'm with you. Tony Homo? Who?

    Anyway, Ali. Thanks for the shout out! Sorry you couldn't be here when Dad and I were shouting "YEAH!!!!" at that last interception. I think we scared the Bug. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so interesting to hear all of the differences between England and the USA. I never thought about NFL commentating in England. John Madden should have retired to England and had a second career. Of course he is so loud we could probably still hear him over here.

    Dad and I had a great trip to Mississippi to watch the games with Danny and Lauren. By the way, who is Tony Homo?

    Love you bunches. mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Al - didn't know you'd actually made a prediction for who is going to the Superbowl; but obviously, the right one. And how often do your two favorite teams get to play each other in the Superbowl? Pretty amazing!!!

    So who do you think will win it??? I already see one prediction on this blog (Rony Tomo), probably not one you can count on since he doesn't even know the correct way to don a baseball cap. But hey, he's at least popular with the hollywood crowd and you ought to give him a call when you get back in the states ... bet he can get you hooked up with John Krasinski!?

    Anyway(s), dumb things to think about in your spare time. Catch up with you later, Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...Ali..I love reading your parents' blog comments...it's something my parents would say (if they knew what a blog was...)

    Miss you!! and I'm so glad I got to skype you last night and catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christi, what did you say and then delete?? I am intrigued...

    Ali, I can't believe you aren't going to be here for our birthday! I wish I could send you a piece of our King Cake! Wait... maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. bahaha, dude I was just going to say that Dad is hilarious! P.S. mail me some king cake lol

    ReplyDelete