Friday, January 8, 2010

Taken.

On my first night in London I was Taken....Taken On A Wild Goose Chase for My HOTEL!! I landed an hour late and came to find that the whole airport had basically shut down...including the transportation and personel needed to travel to my hotel where I was staying. 2 hours, 5 buses, 2 men from Wales, 1 taxi, 1 lost passport, 1 hysterical crying session, and1 found passport later I finally made it to my hotel. Needless to say...it was an eventful evening. I have literally had a total of 8 hours of sleep in the past two days!!

But I am sitting in my dorm room looking out of my window at the beautiful British countryside covered in snow. I had a little chat with the principal and owner of Harlaxton Manor and we talked about Bama beating Texas HA! I will post some pictures later today. Im just getting settled in to my dorm room. I am in the Carriage House which is separate from the Castle. It is a quaint house with a court yard and it is a quick walk from the manor. I am rooming with 3 other girls (should be interesting) and I got the best bed of course! I have made lots of friends and am continuing to make more.

Stay tuned for more insight into my epic journey.
LOVE yall! (no one says yall here)

P.S.
Here is my mailbox number...I suggest using USPS (it is cheaper for international)
All of you better send me packages!!

Alexandra Bagley
Harlaxton College
Harlaxton Manor Box #24
Grantham, Lincolnshire
NG321AG
UNITED KINGDOM

4 comments:

  1. What a transition .. not being relocated from the USA to the UK, but from your first paragraph to the second! Not quite sure what to put in your "care package", a box of kleenex or the English crown. Nevertheless, I sense the momentum is in your favor!

    We love you, look forward to more exiting news!!

    dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Nothing like an exciting first day! I want to know where your passport was when it was "lost". We are going to miss you at the bonfire tonight! That is exciting that you got 3 roomates! I hope you took some pictures of the snow! Derrik and I are looking forward to your next post and Riley is wondering where you have run off to! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali!! haha sounds like an exciting first day!..wish we were all there with you!...chris read your blog aloud to me, how do you think the roommate situation is going to go?...surely it will be better than your LAST one! (hopefully she isn't reading your blog?)
    I told my mom about you being concerned about your dry cleaning...bahaha, she was cracking up.
    And as for the passport...that's the VERY last thing you need to lose...I'm just happy you weren't taken like in the movie...you're brave. Maddie is from yorkshire, (yorkshire terrier)...perhaps I should make a visit to her home land while you are there :)...jk, I wish though.
    I'll be watching tons of movies for you since you might not be going to the theatre...
    Maybe you should get a handheld GPS??...is that what i should send you in the mail?..lol
    we love you ali and we're glad you are safe!
    love,
    Alex, Chris, Maddie, and Wally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO idea why it put my username as congress1....

    ReplyDelete